September’s MCE 2020 is now cancelled

2020-06-22 Source: coowor.com Collect Reading Volume: 15281
Share: 

The European air conditioning, refrigeration and heating exhibition Mostra Convegno Expocomfort (MCE 2020), previously rescheduled to take place in September, has now been officially cancelled.

Originally scheduled to run from March 17-20, the biennial show at Milan’s Fiera Milano was subsequently rescheduled to take place from September 8-11 due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

When originally postponed in February, the organiser Reed Exhibitions had considered September to be the perfect time in which to hold the Exhibition, but ongoing concerns have now made even that date unviable.

With MCE 2020 cancelled, the next Mostra Convegno will be held from March 8-11, 2022.

Announcing the cancellation today, Reed Exhibitions Italia MD Massimiliano Pierini, said: “Over the last three months, we have continuously monitored the evolution of the government ordinances and regional decrees while working to draw up a safety plan for all MCE attendees in September.”

The organiser says it listened to concerns and strived to consider the impact of the crisis on the sector and to assess whether it was possible to stage an event able to meet its exhibitors’ business needs.

“Due to the ongoing national and regional ordinances, still not ensuring resumption of exhibition activities in a short time, and multiple travel restrictions around the world, unfortunately, September is no longer a viable option.”

Editor: Nina Li