New Advances In Magnetic Refrigeration Researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory have designed and built an advanced model system that successfully uses very small quantities of magnetocaloric materials to achieve refrigeration-level cooling. The development marks an important step in creating new technologies to replace 100-year-old gas compression refrigeration with solid-state systems that are up to 30 percent more energy efficient.
California Moves To Ban HFCs The California Air Resources Board (CARB) recently adopted a regulation that would prohibit the use of HFC refrigerants, claiming that the chemicals trap heat in the atmosphere at a rate thousands of times that of carbon dioxide. The action was taken to preserve and continue in California some of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (U.S. EPA) prior prohibitions on HFCs. Last year, a decision by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals limited U.S. EPA’s authority in this area.
ISH China & CIHE is Coming ISH China & CIHE – China International Trade Fair for Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, Sanitation & Home Comfort Systems will be held on May 22-25,2018 in the New China International Exhibition Center at 88 Yuxiang Road, Tianzhu Area, Shunyi District, Beijing, China.
BSRIA to offer fan coil unit testing BSRIA has extended the scope of its United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation to include fan coil unit testing, in accordance with BS EN 1397:2015.
- 1 Service Experts Provides Tips to Keep the Air Conditioner in Top Condition This Summer
- 2 Maximizing Safety & Efficiency at Turkey’s Airport
- 3 Indian Govt Measures to Reduce Problem of Growing AC Use
- 4 Heat Exchangers Market Expected to Reach $20.12 Billion by 2022
- 5 Russell Tavolacci Named SVP and COO of Samsung HVAC
- 6 Bryant Convenes its Third Annual Women in HVAC Event
- 7 Officine Rigamonti Welcomes Wou in Beijing to ISH China & CIHE 2017
- 8 Top 3 IoT Trends Brands Can Grab Onto Now
- 9 Sustainable, Energy-Efficient Communities, Home-By-Home: Honeywell’S Lyrictm Wi-Fi-Enabled Thermostats Now Demand Response-Capable
- 10 Fluorspar Price to Impact Refrigerants